Oscar party wines & drinks have been selected! Food to follow later this week…
- MontGras Reserva Carmenère 2007 (Colchagua Valley, Chile):
- Wine Enthusiast 90 pts (Best Buy): “Here’s one of the standout Best Buy reds of the season out of Chile. There’s welcoming grapeball and sweet berry aromas mixed with olive and tobacco. The feel is smooth and medium-deep, and the blackberry and plum flavors are just right. Barely herbal, with a long finish. Carmenère in its simple glory.”
- Jacob’s Creek Reserve Shiraz 2005 (South Eastern Australia):
- Wine Enthusiast 89 pts (Best Buy): The Reserve wines from Jacob’s Creek continue to offer excellent value, and with 90,000 cases imported, this should be easy to find. No, it’s not the most intense and concentrated Shiraz, but this medium-bodied wine offers silky tannins, plenty of blackberry and blueberry fruit touched with dried spices and a supple finish. Drink now.
- Jacob’s Creek Chardonnay – Pinor Noir Brut Cuvee (South Eastern Australia):
- Wine Spectator 86 pts:”Bright and lively, with smoky green apple and fresh-baked bread flavors, finishing crisp. Drink now. 880,000 cases made”
- Tanqueray Dry Gin
- Bombay Sapphire Dry Gin
- Stolichnaya Vodka
- Smirnoff Vodka
- Noilly Prat Dry Vermouth
- Whaler’s: The Original Dark Rum
+ sodas in black & white, water.